Monday, June 17, 2013

I wish you enough ~ In loving memory of my Mom

I Wish You Enough ...

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Good-bye.."

written by Bob Perks

The last professional portrait of Mom
Joan Carolyn Walker Major
08/06/42 ~ 06/17/02

Eleven years have passed by since my Mom's death.  I didn't get to tell her goodbye, God had other plans.  His hands kept her from being in pain and he allowed her to peacefully leave this world she called home for 59 years.  I imagine she would have also said "I wish you enough love that when all else fails, you will feel safe". 

"Joan" means "Gracious Gift from God"
 
Mamma,
So many things have happened since you left.  Our children have all but grown up.  We've endured illnesses, celebrated milestones, rejoiced in happiness and cried in sadness.  But, the saddest by far, for me, is that you were not here to share it all with us.  I know you are looking down from your heavenly home and watching over us, I feel your presence more often than not.  So many things remind me of you.  Flowers, grass, trees, hummingbirds, football, certain smells, seasons, etc.  I think it is awesome the way God lets me know that you are still with us!  Brian has been a good husband, father, and provider.  He has taken care of us the way I know you wanted.  You would be so proud of your Grandsons!  Tyler will soon finish college and begin his life as a teacher and a coach.  Jake is smarter than a whip and has more goals set in his 14 years of life than I ever have.  You were the best grandmother ever!  I wish Jake had been older and could remember the three years he had you in his life.  I talk about you a lot, so he knows you!  (I'm told that I'm just like you, so he gets to experience you through me!)  I miss you Mom more than words could ever express.  I try to live my life as an example of all the things you taught me, in your honor. I hope I measure up!  Please keep watch over us all until we're all together again. 
I love you,
Your Daughter

 Foot marker at Mom's grave

"When I Get Where I'm Going"

When I get where I'm going
On the far side of the sky
The first thing that I'm gonna do
Is spread my wings and fly

I'm gonna land beside a lion
And run my fingers through his mane
Or I might find out what it's like
To ride a drop of rain

 Yeah when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles
I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
Yeah when I get where I'm going
Don't cry for me down here

I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy
And he'll match me step for step
And I'll tell him how I missed him
Every minute since he left
Then I'll hug his neck

 So much pain and so much darkness
In this world we stumble through
All these questions I can't answer
So much work to do

But when I get where I'm going
And I see my maker's face
I'll stand forever in the light
Of his amazing grace.

 Yeah when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears
 I will love and have no fear
When I get where I'm going
Yeah when I get where I'm going ...

(Beautiful song sung by Brad Paisley & Dolly Parton.)


  •  
 



No comments:

Post a Comment